- The client wanted to implement a solution to identify the patient’s risk score based on his/her profile – a demographic, health condition, etc.
- The aim is to identify the set of individuals prone to diseases who would benefit from proactive care or lifestyle changes
- For example, those patients at risk of developing diabetes, who would benefit from preventive care
- Collected patient profiles from various ETL Data pipelines and fed into the database
- Used factors such as demographics, disease conditions and HCC model to arrive at a total individual risk factor
- Used clustering algorithms to identify the classes of ailments patients are suffering from based on the claims data.
- Using the model, we could provide a risk score for patients.
Tools & Technologies
- The ultimate goal of Risk model is improving quality of care while reducing cost.
- It improves the care of those with the chronic and costly disease by using IT solutions that track and manage their care.
- This is a model is a win-win element for patient and providers which improves clinical care & outcomes while reducing costs.