- The client was facing difficulty in managing the firmware updates to their condor devices spread across the geography.
- Technicians have to be physically present to update the firmware or to troubleshoot the devices.
- The client was in need of remote monitoring and remote management of the devices using Azure IoT.
- The client was in need of integrating with Apex, Accutrol and SpringBoard kind of IoT devices used in their in swimming pools, Spa’s, Dishwashers, etc
- Helped the client in setting up Microsoft Azure IoT hub
- IoT hub registers every device using the IPV4 address of the device and provides a unique key to each of the devices.
- Built a web interface using MVC core target version 4.5.2 to be used for remote monitoring and remote upgrading of the device firmware.
- Technologies used: Azure IoT hub, Azure blob storage, Azure Document DB, Azure App services, Azure device explorer and Xunit for testing.
Tools & Technologies
- The remote management of the condor devices saves the client a considerable amount of time and money spent on physical, in person management of devices
- Remote monitoring and real-time reporting ensured the device downtimes are considerably reduced, thereby ensuring business continuity
- The solution was implemented at a short time frame using Agile methodology to stabilize the solution before winter