- The client wanted to automate the maintenance and tracking process of the jobs received by various telecom service providers like Comcast.
- The client had the following web applications to perform a tracking function:
- Manage Drops to track the jobs/drops.
- Drops Accounting to track the payment of contractors and technicians.
- Serviceability Whiteboard to maintain serviceability requests.
- Tech Data 3, Phone Gap, serviceability handheld mobile app.
- BMC Remedy for incident and change management
- The client needed to test the given applications & add functionalities.
- They also want to generate reports & schedule in SAP Central Management Console and add functionalities in BMC Remedy System, including Fleet, Incident and Change Management
- Implemented new functionalities in Manage Drops including maintaining job history, invoice processing, file upload, and display.
- Performed refactoring and fixing bugs in all the existing applications
- Re-designed the Drops Accounting app using the latest technologies including bootstrap to make it responsive and user-friendly.
- Developed Web APIs for the Phone gap app and integrated it with the serviceability web application
- Enhanced the BMC Remedy app, migrated the data in the system and provided administrative services for the same
- Built reports and scheduled those in SAP CMC
Tools & Technologies
- Ease in providing service to the customer
- Easy tracking of jobs/tickets
- Increased performance of the application by refactoring
- Management reports to improve strategic decision making
- Responsive design to improve user experience