- Our application has multiple services, such as Member management, agent management, and billing management, etc which will be used by many upstream and downstream dependent applications.
- With the ever-growing APIs, our team constantly has to run regression testing on the massive set of existing APIs and also test the new APIs.
- Testing on different environments manually added time.
- API’s from the integrated applications has frequent changes and all those services need to be validated across different systems and also using different data combinations.
- Decided that automating API would help us to run the tests efficiently in minimum possible time
- Developed Automation Test Suite to create different Data sets that cover testing for 4200 different test scenarios.
- Test cases are developed using a data-driven framework. Test data is extracted into an external Excel spreadsheet and accessed independently.
- Used Groovy script for custom scenarios and assertions to improve test coverage.
Tools & Technologies
- With the automation strategy, We were able to execute the same test suite in 12 different environments with no code changes
- The development team is able to use the same test cases to create data for their unit testing. Test data creation is reduced to 2 hrs (using automation) from 8 hrs (Manually)
- The development team is able to identify issues at an early stage.
- Test scripts are integrated with CI Tools and automatic execution happens after the deployments.
- A testing time for both Development and QA teams is decreased gradually.