- All of the client’s data was in Epic systems. They did not have a portal where clients could look at their policy documents/details.
- The client wanted to develop an application for users to login, access and act on risk, insurance, wellness, and benefits information, all in one place.
- Needed functionality to access other dependent sites through the same login.
- Required role-based security to access available resources.
- Developed a MVC4 web application, integrated Azure AD as it is an authentication module that provides single sign-on (SSO) behavior for all applications for authentication.
- Used Angular.js as a client-side framework for better performance.
- Used AADConnect to integrate organizational/internal users.
- Active Directory groups were used to assign user roles.
Tools & Technologies
- Flexible, user-friendly, faster web application with a single sign-on feature.
- Earlier, a program change would usually take a couple of days due to the manual process involving making phone calls and sending emails. With the new portal, the same change can be made in less than 5 minutes.
- The portal offers enhanced user experience and allows users to navigate seamlessly through all available resources.